Lafayette Center Preservation Foundation

P.O. 702
Lafayette, NJ 07848
Phone: 973-222-5816

'Committed to the Preservation and Beautification of our Community'


Calendar of Events 2021

* * * * * * * * *

Virtual Handbag Raffle + Specials + 50/50
Friday, April 30, 2021
7 PM via Zoom

Click here for the 2021 Virtual Handbag Raffle

2021 Super Special 1

2021 Super Special 2

2021 Super Special 3

2021 Special Raffles 7


Past Events

Victorian Christmas Open House
Ludlum/Mabee House
115 Route 15
Lafayette, NJ 07848

Silent Auction of Decorated Table Top Trees and Wreaths
Refreshments, Music, House Tours

178 Beaver Run Road, Lafayette, NJ



(featuring Vera Bradley, Coach, Kate Spade, Michael Kors, Fossil, and more)

To Benefit the "Mabee House Building Fund"

Lafayette Preservation Foundation
Ghostwalk of historic tragic tales ..
at the Lafayette Cemetery Graveyard

Buried deep in the ground, who lived in the time before us.....

Annual Town Wide Garage Sale

General Lafayette's Birthday
Beer Pairing + 4 Course Dinner at the Lafayette House

Lafayette Day at Lafayette Park
Miss Lafayette Contest, Bounce House, Pig Races,
Vendors, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Food, Games, plus many more activities.

The Great Lafayette Duck Race was held on Lafayette Day

Miss Lafayette Pageant

Litter Weekend
Keeping Lafayette Clean and Green!

Lafayette Township Firehouse
126 Route 15, Lafayette, NJ 07848

Lafayette Preservation Foundation

Ghost Walk

Lafayette Town Wide Yard Sales

Grand Opening of the historic Ludlum-Mabee House
and the Lafayette Street Fair

The Lafayette Preservation Foundation presented the Grand Opening of the historic Ludlum-Mabee House located on Route 15, next to the Lafayette Pond. This event took place on Saturday, May 17 in conjunction with the Lafayette Street Fair, which highlighted the historic village of Lafayette.

The Ludlum-Mabee House was open from 10-4, with building tours all day and a walking tour at 2:30. Alex Everitt (town historian) was on hand to answer questions and conduct the walking tour. Light refreshments were served.

The North Jersey Antique Engine Club was on hand. The street fair included township businesses, vendors and music presented by Denise Kyles & Voodoo Child at on the covered bridge.


Benefit for the "Mabee House Building Fund"

2013 Past Events

April 20/21 - Litter Weekend

May 10 - Vera Bradley Fundraiser

June - Miss Lafayette

June 23 - Appreciation Picnic

Sept. 14 - Town Wide Yard Sales

Sept 21 - Flea Market

Dec. 14 - Craft Bazaar

Enjoy Photos and News from Past Events

September 2007
Lafayette Foundry Marker Dedication

The Lafayette Center Preservation Foundation recently held a twilight meeting at the Lafayette Crossings to unveil the recently installed historic marker, commemorating the 1836 Foundry, which once stood on the site. The marker was erected by the County of Sussex and stands next to the Paulinskill Bridge on the edge of the parking lot at the corner of Route 15 and Morris Farm Road.

Joan Smith, President, presided at the dedication.
Alex Everitt said a few words, explaining the event.

The Lafayette Foundry was built by Alexander Boyles in 1836 and employed many men, casting tools and machinery from iron ore brought in from the Franklin mines. This industry resulted in many building lots being sold and houses being built along the Union Turnpike (Route 15), as well as Beaver Run Road and Ice Plant Road. This building boom resulted in a new township being created in 1845 by the New Jersey Legislature, the �Township of Lafayette�. The giant foundry was razed about 1900. It stood where today stands the Nurge home as well as the parking lot, now holding the historic marker.

Lafayette Foundry

'On this site stood the LaFayette Foundry, built in 1836 by Alexander Boyles. This operation employed many laborers and the success of the industry resulted in the sale of the building lots along Union Turnpike (now Route 15)by Joseph Northrup, Jr. and Mr. and Mrs. Cummins. This growth contributed to the establishment of LaFayette by the N.J. State Legislature on March 20, 1845. By the 1850 Census polulation grew to 927. Thereafter, the Foundry business and population declined. The building was used as an apartment house prior to being razed in 1900. The population was then 717.'

Lafayette Preservation members attending the unveiling of the marker.

Return to Top of Page